Legs and lower body, including the hips, are challenging areas to tone down and build muscle on for some people. However, resistance band lunges can solve that issue and help them toning of buttocks and legs. Lunges can also help with metabolism as they speed it up and remove the stubborn fat regularly. Resistance band lunges are also a great way for people who can’t put pressure on their spine and still want to work on their lower body. So, in this article, we will break down all the steps you need to know to practice banded lunges and all their benefits to keep you motivated.
How to practice resistance band lunges at home?
Remember that this exercise will mainly target your quads and tone your legs before we tell you what you need to do for resistance band lunges. And even though it does not directly impact the hip flexors and glutes, it will still tone them to some degree.
- First of all, you will grab the band in your hands and get in the lunge position by keeping your left foot in a step-back situation and your right foot in the middle of the band. Make sure that your back keeps straight; otherwise, it can get hurt.
- You will also take care of the positioning of your knees because any wrong step can impact the. Once you nail the correct lunge position, twist your wrists and stretch the band behind your shoulders by bringing your arms on the sides of them. Make sure that your hands are right under your chin.
- Now use your left knee to touch the floor and work your lower body by squeezing the glutes and core.
- In the last step, you will push yourself back and get up and repeat that 15 times. You can use alternate legs and do 15 reps with the right one as well. Do not force yourself to do more than 15-20 reps if your body is not ready for it.
Benefits of resistance band lunges
Now let’s talk about all the benefits of resistance band lunges and how they can help you.
- Quads are enormous muscles, and when you do a workout like banded lunges, it will help you with your overall body weight. After the regular exercise, you will start to notice a visible difference in your energy and a reduction in your body fat.
- You have to adopt a specific symmetrical form while performing resistance band lunges which can help you in improving your posture and body alignment.
- Banded lunges will help you achieve the legs of your dreams that will be perfectly lean and toned.
- If you have a resistance band, you can play around with the variations of lunges, but only if you get pro at the basic technique.
Here we will end our article about resistance band lunges. And we hope that you now know how you can use them to reduce your overall body weight and tone your body the way you want.